Saturday, December 3, 2011

F***ing Finally

Oh hi there. Bet you're surprised to see something, aren't you?
Yes, it has been nearly a year since I last updated this blog. I'd like to make some excuse, that I decided to pour myself into my studies, or family problems got in the way... but honestly it was a combination of not really feeling like playing and up and forgetting about it entirely.
Yesterday, I remembered that the original Zelda was still in my pile of shame, so here we are.

After checking the map and warp points again (it's been a while), I come to the doors of Dragon Dungeon. Through the rooms I go (where unfortunately NOTHING comes back to me, so I'm essentially flying blind here), killing entire rooms of Wizards, Slimes and Bats respectively. I completely forgot about the fireball-throwing statues in the third one, so that was an interesting surprise. I nearly died right there, but managed to get all the bats and progress.

OHWOW. The next room has quite a number of enemies. Taking them all out leaves me with only one heart left, so I'll have to be really careful from now on. Next room... is filled to bursting with Wizards. While trying to kill one, I completely missed another one teleporting above me until it had already killed me with it's magic beam (or whatever they're called). Let's try that again, shall we?

Next attempt... the first wizard room nearly killed me, but one gave me a magic clock so the rest were easy pickings. I somehow get past the bat/statue room without taking damage, and the multi-enemy room is somehow empty. I guess their destruction carries on with my next life, unlike every other room. I enter the next Wizard room... and die 1 second later. Fuck.

The above pattern repeats another 2 times, then I manage to get past the Wizard room and end up dying by walking into a slime two rooms later. The same happens AGAIN, this time getting past even the last room I died in. BUT THEN ANOTHER WIZARD ROOM. Die, they say. I accidentally oblige.

But the NEXT time, I get through ALL THE ROOMS! I find a room that seems to be a dead end with more wizards inside... and die there. I'm beginning to see why this blog is so scarecly cared for, it's basically me tell you the many ways of dying in this game. Screw all this death, I'm getting some Life Potions. I save and start again, going to instead of the warp to the Old Woman's cave to get some potions. It sets me back a bit, but it's worth it. Also, before leaving for the dungeon again, I warp as close to a fairy fountain as I can and heal up before warping back and entering Dragon Dungeon once more.

I get just as far as last time before dying again. Starting again with 3 hearts? Fuck that. I use up one of my 2 potions right there and then. Further into the rooms, I decide to to right instead of downwards to the dead end from before, as according to my map I haven't gone in before. Inside I find a key (hooray!) and more enemies. Beyond that room is an old man, giving me his sagely advice: "THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE". So... everywhere? I'm sure there's more to it than that. I'll figure it out later.

I explore some more. More wizards, more... well, just more wizards. And some more wizards. I hate these wizards. Suddenly, I see yet another room I have yet to enter! Inside, another dead end and more FUCKING WIZARDS. The battle forces me to use my last potion to survive. Finally, the room is cleared. But nothing happens. So this really was a dead end. I leave the room and-HAH GOTCHA. Of course it isn't. One moved block reveals a glorious staircase. Inside... THE ITEM! It appears to be a staff of some kind. That's actually really friggin' appropriate, given the amount of magic beams I've had to deal with thus far. A quick test on some BBBs in a nearby room shows that the wand (I think that's it's official name) sends out the same beam of magic the Wizards do, which does less damage than my sword given the BBBs explosion into bats. Useful, I guess.

AND NOW, with the Item in hand, there is no reason for me to remain in this place. I head for the boss room, crossing the floor where the boss used to tread (before I murdered it, of course), and enter that awesome room with the little triangle that just screams "WELL FUCKING DONE!"

Dungeon Six, Dragon Dungeon, is defeated! Returning to the surface, I celebrate by killing a nearby dragon sword thingy and saving, done for today. I now have 2 extra keys... what will they be used for? The mystery remains to be solved. In all, I find this a passable return to the Quest. I'll try to play again tomorrow, as I've now got another small TV to use instead of using the large TV which I'm sure my brother will be trying to use to play Skyrim or MW3 or some other thing. With that, Adieu!



Progress:
Hearts:   14
Rupies:   44
Bombs:    11
Keys:     2
Items:    MAGICAL SWORDMAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOW+ARROW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS, RAFT, STEPLADDER, RED POTION, RED BRACELET, BLUE RING, WHISTLE, WAND
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2), MANJI(3), SNAKE(4), LIZARD(5), DRAGON(6)
Deaths:   67

No comments:

Post a Comment