Friday, January 7, 2011

I Bet You'd Like To Have More Bombs (Lizard Dungeon Returned)

Now that I've got the Epic Sword of Awesome, the mummies in Lizard Dungeon die with only 2 hits! Not sure what's gonna happen with the Blue Knights, but I've got an easy passage to them thanks to the holes in the walls, so I can try it out pretty damn quickley... hehehehehehe, two hits for them too! I can kill them pretty fricken fast without losing all that much health! One of them gives me a heart, so by the time I've killed all 5 I've only lost 2 hearts! FUCK YEAH!


NEXT ROOM! IN THE LIZARD'S BRAIN! South into that room I complained about a few days ago, the one where the next room can only be reached through a bomb in the wall (and I'd ran out of bombs). BUT I HAVE BOMBS THIS TIME! EXPLODE! REVEAL ROOM! OLD MAN! Old Man?


"I BET YOU'D LIKE TO HAVE MORE BOMBS," he says, with a payment option of 100 Rupies. IS HE OFFERING TO GIVE ME MORE BOMBS? I could get that from a shop. But they're only 20 Rupies for 4... 100/20 is 5, 5x4 is 20, which is tons more than 8, the maximum number of bo-IS HE GOING TO LET ME HOLD MORE BOMBS? HELLZ YEAH! But I need another 30 or so Rupies to get it...


So I guess it's to the room with epic amounts of Blue Knights (okay 6 of them). TIME TO KILL THEM ALL! SLASH! SLASH! OH SHIT RUN! SLASH AGAIN! BOMB THE FUCKAAAAAAAAAS!


*pant, pant, pant* That was fun. AND NOW TO MOVE THE PAINFULLY OBVIOUS BLOCK. Oh my, it revealed a secret staircase! Inside, a secret cave granting me.... A Whistle! Um, yeah! That'll be useful! Maybe.... oh yeah, "Digdogger hates certain kinds of sound." Yay! To the boss!


Unfortunately this means I have to trek through the whole dungeon again. Dayam. The Knights respawn too, so I'm already at 1/2 heart health by the time I get back on track to the boss. This means that an enemy, oh, say a Slime, could kill be just by touching me. Oh, darn, look at that. AARGH.

So I'm gonna try and find a Fairy Fountain real quick whilst getting some money for the Bomb Upgrade in the lizards brain. From Lizard Dungeon, I managed to get to the Warp near the Graveyard with only 1 heart left. There were a bunch of Sword Dragons around there, but I can kill them with 1 sword swipe so it's okay. TO THE FOUNTAIN WARP! Now run around until 100 Rupies are earned! And now, run along back to the dungeon.

Please excuse me for a bit, my mother needs some help clearing out the shed near our house.

...

Sorry. We're moving, you see. The house needs to be mostly empty soon.

Okay, so now we're back at the dungeon and I'm off to beat the boss shitless. Through the dungeon and at Digdogger's face, I stand strong and take out my whistle...

A strange tune plays. The little bitch shrinks to an eye! Now I'm sure my sword can kill it! Too bad the fucker moves too bloody fast for me to catch it! And those fireballing statues? DAMMIT ALL!


It takes a few hundred misses and only 2 slashes before Digdogger dies and leaves me another Heart Container. I would've taken a screenshot of me collecting it but a fireball collected me and pushed me into it without any oppurtunity. Fuck those fireballs, I'm running into the Triforce room.


AND THERE IT IS. THE FIFTH PIECE. I take it, and hold it above my head. The music I've come to love, the fanfare signalling my victory over yet another of Gannon's henchmen, plays as the dungeon screen folds into nothing. I emerge from the dungeon, with 5 ninths of the Triforce of Wisdom secured, and a brand-new Magical Whistle, too.


But we're not done. I still have to get that bomb upgrade. Back inside the dungeon we go! To the first Room of Blue Knights, with a filled health meter and a full set of bombs (a mummy replenished them earlier). ATTACK! Swipe, bomb, swipe, etc. Actually, only 1 bomb was needed. I threw my Sword Beam through the huge-ass obstacle in the middle of the room to hit the Knights on the other side (on their sides, hehe).

Through the tunnel and into the chamber of the Old Man. Yes, I WOULD like more bombs. Pay the man 100 Rupies and... SUDDENLY, 12 BOMBS ARE IN MY POSSESSION! YAY!


So there we have it! An extra 4 bomb upgrade, a Magic Whistle, another Heart Container and a Triforce piece! Also, I know where the next dungeon is, so there won't be much exploration needed! Huzzah!

In other news pertaining to my life, I've dyed my hair black. Not all that much news, but I've also cut it shorter. Now I can be a TOTAL fanboy and cosplay as L at Wai-Con coming up on the 29th. THIS MAKES ME HAPPY. Anyway, not sure when I'll get to play again, but when I do, the next dungeons getting tackled (obviously). Until then, cyaz!


Progress:
Hearts:   13
Rupies:   30
Bombs:    12
Keys:     2
Items:    MAGICAL SWORDMAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOW+ARROW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS, RAFT, STEPLADDER, RED POTION, RED BRACELET, BLUE RING, WHISTLE
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2), MANJI(3), SNAKE(4), LIZARD(5)
Deaths:   54

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info on the bomb upgrade. I was trying to figure out whether it was an upgrade or just the regular bomb purchase, and this post answered that for me.

    ReplyDelete