Thursday, December 23, 2010

Adventures in the Mountains

Anyway, my brother got an AV to USB connector (whatever it's called) so now I can play my Wii in the loungeroom without having to set up shit because I'm viewing/hearing it on my PC! There's some audio lag, but who cares. I wanted to record it and post it up here, but when I try to record instead of simply view, the WHOLE THING lags and it becomes unplayable. Pity. I'll take some screenshots, though!

Okay, so I'm beginning my trek into the Mountains.
I made it there (crossing the narrow river flowing into Hylia) and climbed the stairs, but instead of going West, where my target was, I went East to see if I could bomb the end of the arrow. I couldn't. I then died once I went west by an alarming number of Sword Dragons. Argh.
Trying again, I decided to dodge and run away like a little girl when confronted with the beasts, but when I went as far West as I could, I found a dead end. A dead end with my target, a cave, however, inside which an Old Woman sells Potions (useful, considering I HAVE TWO ALREADY).
It didn't take long for me to die after that.

So now I aim to get to those long lines of Statues (and a nearby cave). Crossing the river EARLIER than before, I can easily get to them and now comes the difficult part.
There are some flying hats, so I have to kill them first to avoid unwanted hurting. I have some bombs to spare, too, so I can kill some statues without worrying. I killed all but 1 hat, but accidentally awaken a statue. Now it's running around at light speed, so I run inside the cave. It's another bloody store, and guess what it's selling. A shield for 130, bombs for 20, and an arrow for 80. Figures.

Outside, I stare the hat down until it stops, then cut it up something good. Now, I can kill every single statue... to reveal nothing. Dayam. NEXT SCREEN! More statues, but no hats. That's good. Now I have to kill them all with swo-WAIT! The store! I FINALLY HAVE A USE FOR THE BOMB STORE!!
8 bombs later, and back to the rows. I bomb the hell out of the first one an-WHAT IS THAT!? There's a red ring!
Wait, no, it's a bracelet. A RED BRACELET! OH MY G-what does it do? I'll be right back, Google is calling.

...

I CAN PUSH STUFF! Apparently around Hyrule there are some tiles that cannot be accessed due to rocks (like bushes, but different). THOSE TILES MEAN SOMETHING! So I view my lovely map to find anything nearby fitting that situa-oh, there's one, about 3 screens from here. PAST A GRAVEYARD. An empty graveyard. Oh. BUT! There's some Red Sword Dragons around the screen with the four rocks. I WHIP MY SWORD BACK AND FORTH!

So, after I die, I have a little rage and calm down. There is, however, another 4-rock cross near the starting screen. AWAY! TO THE EAST! I arrive and find the screen infested with Blue Tektites, but they die easily. I push aside a rock AND FIND A STAIRCASE!
Underground reveals A WARP POINT! YAYNESS! I take one of the paths and end up BACK IN THE MOUNTAINS WHERE I JUST DIED! I try to get back to the warp but I'm quickly killed again.
This IS, however, a step FORWARD. I can now unlock the other Warp Zones by jumping through them. I just need to note down the rules to which staircase goes where...

After some investigationing (and a few lost hearts), I now have a small idea of where to go. I'll upload a quick representation of the warps and their locations/destinations later. For now, I have some other things to do.

Okay, I'm gonna have to lay some bad news onya, peeps. Christmas Day, tomorrow, will NOT have Zelda playing. I'm simply too excited for the awesomeness that are my presents (I've unfortunately reached the age where surprises just cannot happen, people NEED to know what I want). BOXING DAY, HOWEVER, may or may not include adventuring. As Whovians out there would know, the Doctor Who Christmas Special 2010 is happening that day, and there are some pretty epic movies coming out then, too. So until then, this is Sean signing off.


Progress:
Hearts:   8
Rupies:   48
Bombs:    6
Keys:     1
Items:    WHITE SWORDMAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOWARROW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS(6), RAFT, STEPLADDER, RED POTION, RED BRACELET
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2), MANJI(3)
Deaths:   40

Update: Uploaded some screenshots, and below is my quick and terribly-drawn representation of the warp zones:

No comments:

Post a Comment