Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Digdogger Hates Certain Kinds of Sound... also, Dungeon 5 Hurts

Good news, guys! My ATAR results were posted! My first choice university course requires a 70 or higher, I scored 83.5! I'M ELIGIBLE FOR UNIVERSITY! Now I just have to wait for them to come to me. That sucks, but that's how it works.

My days have been super-boring so far, I'm finding myself wanting to do less and less but still wanting to do SOMETHING. I think I've been literally too bored to do anything. BUT NOW, ZELDA TIME.


(I haven't actually had a picture of the title screen yet, so here's one)


I used the Warps to get to Dungeon 5 easily (I would have detoured to a Fairy Fountain, but one of the enemies I killed on the way gave me a Fairy and some other gave me some hearts, so I'm almost full already!). I *try* killing all the rabbits in the east room, and succeed, but now I've only got 2.5 hearts left. The room gave me a key, though, so north we go.


Great. Now there'r fucking MUMMIES crawling around. And it's dark. I'MMA BURN THE MUMMY WHO LOOKS LIKE HE'S HOLDING A KEY! Done, but it only damaged him. Pity. Meh, I sword the fucker and get his key, screw the rest, I'm going east. It's an old man room! He tells me "DIGDOGGER HATES CERTAIN KINDS OF SOUND." That'll be the boss, no doubt. But sound? The only things I have that makes sound are some Bombs. That's for later to solve.

Meanwhile, that room is a dead end, so I have to go back and kill the mummies to open the north door. OMFG THE NEXT ROOM HAS 3 DODONGOS! WHAT DO I DO!? ONLY 2 BOMBS LEFT!? I can only kill one! ... AND A DIFFERENT ONE ATE THE SECOND! I'm out of bombs! RUN! TO THE EAST ROOM!


It's full of Splitting Slimes, thank god. They give me some money, and now I go north. More mummies. THANK FUCK one gave me a clock! The others die pretty fucking easily (but still with 4 slashes, I need that other sword!), and the room gives me another key. I think I'll go through the west door.


There's the Map! But it's not accessible from this door. I have to backtrack if I want it. Back to the Dodongo room, I unlock the North door without getting hit. Huzzah! Map for me!


I rename this dungeon... um... what would you guys call this?


One second, Google is calling... Wow, okay, apparently it's supposed to be a lizard. Hehe, that's SO not a lizard. Meh, I deem this place Lizard Dungeon. Now onwards. Wait, shit, not onwards, I have to go back to the damn Dodongo room! WITH NO BOMBS! I have to settle for good old-fashioned sword fighting. WITH A DINOSAUR.

Scratch that, they can't be attacked with the sword. I need 6 bombs total to kill these bitches. Fuck. I tried leaving the dungeon to go buy some... and get killed soon after. BACK TO THE START. But that's okay, there are some nearby shops that DO sell bombs, so it's all good. East from Warp Zone 2 there's a shop, and I can heal at the Fountain there, too.


And now to fight.

...

Dodongos are bitches. They've learnt to change direction when there's a bomb in the way. Sometimes. Luckily they're stunned by the smoke (Oh, I get it, old man!) and can be slashed. Fuck yeah! They all die AND give me health and more bombs! So now I've got full bombs AND my sword beam intact!

The room to the West has some slimes, giving me a key, and south of that is just a  dead end with Mummies, who die due to Sword Beam Epicness. But now here's an annoying part. The map shows another room to the west, but there's no door here. One of the mummies was holding a bomb... do I have to bomb the wall?


Yes! I do!


HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!


I'm scared... I'll try again, but I'm not expecting to do anything... FUCK! I killed two of them but they do like A WHOLE FUCKING HEART EACH! And they take about 4 FUCKING HITS to kill. I NEED THAT SWORD, THIS DUNGEON TAKES TOO MUCH HEALTH AND DOESN'T DIE QUICK ENOUGH!

I'm so tempted to look up a walkthrough to find these extra hearts, I really am, but I don't think it'd be right. I mean, I've looked up hints and stuff over the course of this game, but this is actually asking for the location of a secret item. It's just that little too... I can't think of the word. The point is, I'm not looking up the locations of the hearts, but I do gladly accept hints.

Hint, Hint. Y'hear that, readers? Eh? EH? A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat?

Well, I tried to get to the room again, but I need to kill the Dodongos again. BUT I RAN OUT OF BOMBS. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

This dungeon is annoying the HELL out of me. I'm taking a break for today. I GUESS IF ANYONE WANTS TO COMMENT ON MY PROGRESS OR, YOU KNOW, OFFER HINTS, I'M OPEN TO ANY FORMS OF COMMUNICATION SUCH AS THE COMMENT SECTION OF THE POST. WINK. WINK.


Progress:
Hearts:   9
Rupies:   9
Bombs:    0
Keys:     3
Items:    WHITE SWORDMAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOWARROW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS(6), RAFT, STEPLADDER, RED POTION, RED BRACELET, BLUE RING
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2), MANJI(3), SNAKE(4)
Deaths:   49

1 comment:

  1. Hi to all, the contents present at this web page are in fact remarkable for people experience,
    well, keep up the nice work fellows.

    Here is my weblog; InstaForex

    ReplyDelete