Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Meet the Old Man at the Grave

Well, back from my friend's party and we've slept a total of two hours in the last 25, and it was truly epic. I cannot believe I didn't think 'V for Vendetta' would be a good movie! I'm in love with it! As well as Sweeney Todd, but I've been in love with that for a while (we had to put subtitles on due to me and Emma's loud singing along with almost every song). But now, back to Legend.

One minor note: I've realized I'm a bit stuffy with my posts, like some old man. I'M TOO FORMAL! I MUST LOOSEN THE HELL UP! And I'll try. Promise. Maybe.

First order of business, there're a few other caves I wanted to look around in, and some bushes I wanted to burn (not a euphemism). Searching around just west of the starting screen I found two caves, one with a silent old woman and another with a cryptic message: "MEET THE OLD MAN AT THE GRAVE". From my map I can see that there is indeed a graveyard area in far western Hyrule, but it's probably not best if I go there with such a pitiful lifespan (only 4 hearts). So it's east again to head for the next dungeon!

On my way there I burned a few bushes with my new Candle, revealing a hidden passageway! Too bad it's a cranky old man who took all my money for 'door repairs'. Meh, I only had a few left from the candle sale anyway. I also found another shop with a cheaper shield and Bombs for sale, as well as an Arrow for 80 Rupies. I'll need to stock up on money to get these necessities (maybe not necessities, but I want them). There was also a useful Fairy Pond, which I marked on the map for future visits.

After some more looking around (avoiding many spears and rocks spit from goblins and octopi respectively), I arrived at Dungeon 2 (who's name I can't figure out at the moment, until I find the map and see the shape). It was at this point that I took a few photos for proof of my progress (I thought of making a quick video, but I just couldn't get it right) (also, pretty much everyone who meets me for the first time thinks I'm gay, and I'm not about to let that spread to the internet):

Menu screen when first entering Dungeon 2,

 
An example of annotations I make on the map on my wall,

 
My current location (the dungeon).

Upon entering the East room I was immediately attacked by snakes, all of which died pretty easily and gave me a nice shiny key for my troubles. The next room was more snakes, only no key was given (selfish bastards), instead a locked door to the east, leading to the Compass protected by some balls of slime. OH EM GEE SLIME! HELP M-never mind, they're dead. From my boomerang.

A few rooms later and ANOTHER key is being protected by snakes. These ones actually gave me some decent Rupies, so I won't complain about them (yet). A little later I found the door for it, and some Santas walking around (who get stunned surprisingly easily by their own weapons). Inside, there was the MAP! Revealing this dungeon to be in a crescent shape, leading me to christen this underground monstrosity as Moon Dungeon!

Soon, there was ANOTHER KEY protected by MORE SNAKES, and a room with OMIGOD BLUE EVERYTHING! Statues at the corners were shooting me, blue Santas were throwing boomerangs at me... I died, obviously, so now I'm back at the start. THAT ROOM IS HIDING SOMETHING THOUGH, and I WILL find out. BY KILLING EVERYTHING! Tomorrow, though. This post is getting too long.

Ciou!

Progress:
Health:   3/4
Rupies:   37
Items:    WOODEN SWORDBOOMERANGBOW, BLUE CANDLE
Dungeons: EAGLE(1)
Deaths:   3

No comments:

Post a Comment