Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gleeock Showdown and the Graveyard Shift

Merry Christmas, guys! Hope you all got some epic stuff, I got about 3 books, "V for Vendetta", a Death Note bag and Monster Hunter Tri (among other things)! I'm using the controller I got with MHT to play today, and I've decided that now I have a decent amount of health I'm going to get to a Fairy Fountain to heal and go STRAIGHT to Gleeock! I'm also on my PC again today so I'll upload some screenies too!

From the start, it's only a few screens up and left until avoiding Moblins to get to the Fairy Fountain. She heals all 8 of my hearts and I'm off!

Narrowly avoiding monsters, I quickley realise this conroller's not working out. It's great for MHT but the controls are just too weird for this game. OUT WITH IT. Now inside the dungeon, I've got to make my way to the end without losing much health (any at all, if I'm lucky, and I get to use my Sword Beam on Gleeock).

I lost 1.5 hearts from the FUCKING BBBs, but the Splitting Slimes in the next room gave me 1 back, so I'm still good. I REALLY hate the BBBs, which is why since I learnt their real name I refuse to dignify them with the curtesy of using it. Rooms like these:

make me want to throw my Wiimote at the screen. Luckily I can sometimes evade them long enough to get through the room without taking damage, but other times... not so well. This next room was so-so, I lost 1 heart from them.

It was at this point that my Wii fucked up and I lost my progress and all the screenshots I've taken. Yes, I had to restart and now you can't have any visual representation of my quest. Just read the post back again whilst wathing a "Let's Play" and I'll start again once you're done.

...

Done? Cool. So now, just after that room, the Old Man room and the Trap Room, I'm in the last room before Gleeock. I'm also at 1/2 hearts, so my Potion has to be used. Ah, that's better. Now I'm full health with a shitload of BBBs jumping around. BOMBS! Use them! Dead! Okay...

Here we go. 8 Hearts. Sword Beam. Gleeock, however many hits it takes to kill him. 1 Potion left. Let's go.

ATTAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!! Instantly run, dodge fire, attack like shitter. Head blinks, run, avoid, repeat!!
...
Good in theory. Bad in practice. He attacks too often, I can't get in to attack without getting hit for like an entire heart per fireball. I'M ALREADY ON ONE HEART! Potion... Attack... THE FIRST NECK DIES! Now the head's floating around. IGNORE IT! KEEP HITTING! KEEP HITTING! KEEEEEEP HIIIIIIIIITTIIIIII-IT DIED! FUCK YEAH! Extra heart in the corner, grab it, get the single Rupie it gives me (stingy bastard) and enter the final room!

The Fourth Piece of the Triforce is mine! Heroicly I lift it into the air as my 9 Hearts are filled with life, Snake Dungeon falls apart around me and music plays epicly. THE TRIFORCE IS HALFWAY COMPLETED!

And there we go. Snake Dungeon, Dungeon Four, Completed! Now I have to go to Dungeon 5 (which from my mass exploration session revealed is in the Mountains, near the Trap screen and Warp #2. I've looked over the 'hints' I've been given over the course so far and there's two that I still haven't solved:

"EASTMOST PENINSULA IS THE SECRET" and "MEET THE OLD MAN AT THE GRAVE". There's obviously some interesting things to the East (where I explored) but from what I found, nothing worth a hint about. It could be the extra 2 hearts or maybe the weird Dungeon in the top corner of my map. The Grave one is definitely something about the graveyard to the West, but I don't know anything about what could be there. Now I have some more hearts I think I'll take the warp and search around there.

So, back at the Starting Screen and to the East, I've warped to the Mountains and in the Graveyard. It's annoying, though, every time I touch a Gravestone ghosts come out. And they're REALLY hard to kill. Well, the Old Man is obviously dead, so here we go. LET'S GO GRAVEROBBING! Touch a stone, push the stone... okay that doesn't work. BUT MAYBE IT WILL! I'mma push all of them... okay, it's not working. I got to about the second row and gave up about halfway through.

BUT NOW MY OCD IS KICKING IN. I MUST PUSH ALL OF THEM. Off the screen, back on, push a stone, keep going until the ghosts fill the scr-HOLD IT. This one isn't making a ghost. IT'S NOT MAKING A GHOST. IT'S SPECIAL. I push it from another side... IT OPENED! GRAVEROBBING TIME! Old man inside. Okay, so I won't be stealing anything. Well, there's the hint deciphered. AND HE'S GOT ANOTHER SWORD! "MASTER USING IT AND YOU CAN HAVE THIS". FUCK YEAH! FUCK NO! I can't pick it up. WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING!? I got so worked up with joy about it...

Okay, so I'm leaving off for today, the Doctor Who special starts in half an hour and we've got dinner to eat. I will leave with these three things, though:

  • Suck it, Gleeock,
  • Fuck the BBBs, and
  • WHY CAN'T I GET THE SWORD?


Progress:
Hearts:   9
Rupies:   77
Bombs:    6
Keys:     1
Items:    WHITE SWORDMAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOWARROW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS(6), RAFT, STEPLADDER, LETTER, RED BRACELET
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2), MANJI(3), SNAKE(4)
Deaths:   40 (no deaths today!)


No comments:

Post a Comment