Friday, December 10, 2010

White Sword

So, true to my word, I ventured off to find the Waterfall and get a new Sword. My map says it's north of the starting space (ALL the way north), which is luckily on the path to the shop with the cheaper Magic Shield, so, armed with a little over 130 Rupies, I buy that shit! Yay, magical shielding!

Crossing the desert to the West, avoiding the spiky bastards coming out of the sand, and then the flying bulbs and a Zora, I'm on the home stretch to the Waterfall. There are, however, many rocks falling, and so when I finally ascend the stairs next to the waterfall I only have half a heart left of health. There's a monster there, so dammit, I have to avoid it. Surprisingly easy, though. AND THEN, THE OLD MAN HAS A SWORD! MY WOODEN STICK IS UPGRADED!! My health, however, is not. Meh, if I'm gonna die, I'm investigating that cave a little to the east of here on my map.

...

Oh dear. I seem to be trapped in a repeating screen. Every time I go in any direction, I reappear on the other side of the screen. Except the west, so I guess I can't get past this screen. Oh well. I run into the Zora and die so I can get to Manji Dungeon quicker aga-0.0 WOAH. The zora was next to the waterfall, so I ran into it, but I ran too early and hit the waterfall, and IT HAS A SECRET ROOM! Some old lady's telling me to pay to talk, either 5 10 or 20 Rupies. I want info, so I give 20.

"GO UP, UP, THE MOUNTAIN AHEAD". That was mildly wasteful. Apparently there's a dungeon north of the Trap screen, so I guess it's for that. OH! So just keep going up until you break free of the trap! Right, well that's useful. Later. I really need to keep track of these notes I'm getting, I should get a small notebook.

So after leaving and killing myself properlly, I head back to Manji Dungeon. On the way I see a suspicious-looking bush, so after burning it... nothing. Meh, to the Dungeon!

Okay, full health, better sword, but no bombs. TIME TO KILL SHIT. Awesome, this sword kills splitting-slimes instantly, so they give rewards! No bombs yet, but I'll be patient. The knights in the next room reduce me to 1 heart, so no more Beams for a while, and I look around the dungeon for small creatures to kill. Next room... killed by a bat. This is just sad.

Making my way ba-OH MY GOD KNIGHTS STOP TURNING BACKWARDS SO SUDDENLY! One gave me bombs, though, so I can survive a little longer when I get to the Staircase room. In the Bat room where I last died, I killed them all and was rewarded with MORE BOMBS! So now I've got a full set, and I'm ready to fuck that staircase room UP! Once I get some health back. So I got the amazing idea of actually beating the dungeon and getting an extra heart first!

To the boss! No, to the start! Because it's protected by MORE FUCKING KNIGHTS! Whatever, to the FUCKING STAIRCASE ROOM avoiding EVERYTHING that walks there! DAMMIT KILLED AGAIN I WANT TO MURDER THIS GAME!

...

And there it is. The emotion bore into every player of this game's mind. The urge to snap the game disc in ten and set it on fire due to the severe difficulty of it. I'm truly playing this game. And so, with this final thought, I stop playing for today before I smash my Wii into the wall.


Progress:
Health:   3/5
Rupies:   88
Bombs:    6
Keys:     2
Items:    WHITE SWORD, MAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS(6)
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2)
Deaths:   18

No comments:

Post a Comment