Monday, December 27, 2010

Dungeon 5 and the Blue Ring

Went out with friends yesterday, we tried to cool off at the local indoor pool. IT WAS FORTY FUCKING DEGREES yesterday! I think mankind has pissed of Satan and now he's punishing Australia for it. From what I hear from holidaying friends is that it's SNOWING in Germany and England! Lucky bastards.

So let's see, what are we doing today... Ah, yes. The Magical Sword that the Old Man is being stingy with. I looked it up (my curiosity bitch-slapped my common sense in the face) and I need to have 12 hearts before he forks it over. Well, shit. I need to beat 3 dungons or find 3 hearts (or some combination of the two) before I can get uber-sword. This means I need to know where to get the last 3 hearts. I know that there are 5 Hearts hidden across hyrule (not including the ones Bosses give), and I've found 2 of them. So those last 3 are going to be hard...

Okay, so they'll probably be in hidden rooms in walls or under bushes, I just don't know where. This is fricken' daunting, guys. The whole world of Hyrule and only 3 TILES in the whole thing are my targets. That's 3/22510 (22528 tiles minus the 9 dungeon entrances, minus the starting sword cave entrance minus the 2 hearts I've found and minus the 4 Warp entrances) tiles! And yes, I was THAT bored to figure it out!

So, hidden tiles. Anybody have any hints on how to find them? Y'know, I've asked for help several times before, but nobody ever gives any. I don't know why I keep asking. Whatever, I don't think I could find them anyway. But enough of that, I know where Dungeon 5 is and I'm going! There's a Warp Zone near the Starting Screen, a Fairy Fountain near Warp Zone 3 and the Dungeon is near Warp Zone 2. ONWARDS!

I did, however, have the urge to burn some bushes in the screen East of Starting, so I did a few. I remember looking up something about particular tree pattern and hidden rooms, so I followed a rule I remember - that if there are two bushes in the middle of a vertically symetrical column of trees, burn the lower one (I am of course paraphrasing, but that's what I remember). Sure enough, a hidden room is revealed! Inside... an old woman selling potions. Well that's okay, I guess. It's closer to the Start than any other potion store.


Back to the Warp situation. I get to the Warp and travel straight to Dungeon 5, entering after several screens of trekking. I suddenly realize I forgot to heal, so back I go to Warp to the Fairy Fountain and back again... but I'm trapped in the Mountain Singularity (I like that name, that's what it is now). I have to go West and (unfortunatly) die to get back without complications. Sad little animation and...

Back at the start, I go to the Warp AGAIN and this time, go to the Fairy Fountain. I also tested my Bush theory on some of the rocks in the Singularity, but no rooms (and now I've only got 3 bombs). And so, I enter Dungeon 5 and march forth to find the Compass, Map and Secret Item!


East and instantly filled with weird rabbits. They hit me for 2 HEARTS OF DAMAGE! I couldn't get out fast enough. I tried to kill them again but died pretty much instantly. Fuck. I'm done with this already, I need that Blue Ring. I need to protect myself from such hideous amounts of damage. I NEED 250 RUPEES! I'll just troll the Overworld for a while. I'm sure as hell not staying in this place.


I decided to search the Mountains first (as I was already there), focussing on Blue enemies (as they seem to dish out more money). I was, however, killed by a Tektite pretty fast. Anyway, maybe I'll search the Graveyard instead. I think those evil ghosts would give some money. I took the Warp to the Fairy Fountain and back to the Mountan Warp (the one near the Graveyard) to see if the Ghosts give any cash.

When I was there, however, I went North instead of West and discovered a really creepy-looking dungeon entrance with 2 tiles worth of doors (at least I THINK it was a Dungeon Entrance). Now I HAVE to look inside, see what it is. I killed the dragon protecting it first, though.


Well, whaddaya know? I found Dungeon 6! I'll mark that on a map and come back to it later, when I don't die when confronted with a rabbit.


So back to the Graveyard. I found a Ghost and hit a few graves to make more. Only problem is this: the spawned monsters don't die. I bombed them and nothing happened to them (although the ghost that was already there was damaged). I ran around and hit the ghost that was already there, and ALL OF THEM died! I only got 2 Rupies out of it, but this is excellent! I just need to spawn TONS of ghosts, kill the ringleader and EVERYBODY DIES! Giving me money!

This works in theory AND in practice, if only for one or two issues. 1, spawned monsters still damage like crazy. 2, it's easy to lose the ringleader in the crowd. This just happened and I nearly died, but I found the bitch and sliced it's balls off (and the balls of every other ghost on the screen).


After about 6 screens of this, I had gained roughly 32 Rupies and had 2 hearts left. I like it! South of the Graveyard was a big collection of Dragons which gave me lots and lots of money and now I can buy the Blue Ring and all of Hyrule I can even buy the Castle an- nah, I'm kidding, they killed me like *snaps fingers* that.

I went back, though. I repeated the pattern. Warp to Fairy Fountain. Warp to Graveyard. Spawn mass Ghosts. Kill ringleader. Repeat until all 6 screens done. Die. I just kept repeating that pattern for a while, however sometimes I died early. I did notice that one grave didn't create a ghost (like the one that leads to the Magic Sword that I can't get) but I died before I could check it out. Next time I tried, I investigated it BEFORE spawning ghosts. Pushing it from any side didn't do anything, so I tried bombing it. Nothing. Well, I'll solve it later.

I continued the pattern until I had 254 RUPIES! I COULD BUY THE RING! HALF DAMAGE FOR MEEEEEE!!! I ran from the Graveyard and made for Lake Hylia, dodging EVERYTHING I COULD... But I still died 2 SCREENS AWAY! Next attempt, and the Statues guarding the shop nearly killed me. With only one heart left, I enter the shop. Within it I find... THE BLUE RING! Yes, I SHALL buy that, sir!


HoorAAAAAAY! BLUE RING! And now I've got blue clothes! And my location on the map is blue, too! This is awesome! Next time I play, Dungeon 5's getting BITCH-SLAPPED!

Progress:
Hearts:   9
Rupies:   5
Bombs:    2
Keys:     1
Items:    WHITE SWORDMAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOWARROW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS(6), RAFT, STEPLADDER, RED POTION, RED BRACELET, BLUE RING
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2), MANJI(3), SNAKE(4)
Deaths:   47

No comments:

Post a Comment