Saturday, December 11, 2010

Staircase Room Attack!

So starting again, STILL heading for Manji Dungeon, I was lucky enough to kill a Moblin with a FAIRY, so now I'm at full health and owner of 6 Bombs. STAIRCASE ROOM! (For those who don't know what I'm on about, theres a room in the lower-left spike of the 3rd dungeon with a staircase in it that I want to go down, but it's guarded by a thousand Knights)

Now I have the Sword Beam, I can kill those first 3 Knights easily. The next room (last before Staircase room) has abo-FUCKING BATS!!! Now I've got 3.5 health! DAMMITALL! Now I have to look in the deeper rooms for hea-FUCKING BALLS OF ELECRICITY! ONLY 1 FUCKING HEART LEFT!

In later rooms, there were more Splitting Slimes, but none gave me hearts (just money, but THAT'S NOT WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW). I'm thinking of leaving the dungeon to come back in and see if it resets the enemies... hey! A room of Splitting Slimes is already reset! OH MY GOD ONE GAVE ME A FAIRY! I'm full health again! Time to fight the last few rooms before Staircase!

Second-last room again, and... ONE GAVE ME A MAGIC CLOCK. EVERYONE FREEZES. EVERYONE GETS KILLED EASILY. I'm a VERY happy camper right now! Staircase room, at last! But there's about 15 Knights. I have bombs, but should I use them to kill or just run? I've come so far, I can't just waste it...

I'm going for the Bombs! I'm laying them everywhere, they seem to clump together a few times... two die, a heart and 4 more bombs! More die, more hearts! Only two left, only two bombs! One kills one and wounds the other, this is it! THIS IS IT! THE BASTARD DIES BY MY FINAL BOMB! And gives me 4 more bombs at that! AND THE STAIRCASE! THE MAGNIFICENT STAIRCASE! I descend into the abyss and find... a Raft! I can move on water kind of! YAY! Now for the boss.

One room before the Boss are three knights. I save my Bombs for I know they're needed. They die and open my way to the 3rd last room of the dungeon. Inside are more balls of electricity, bats and slimes. They die easily without costing me life (except the balls) and show me the boss...

A flower? I'm killing a flower? That's ju-OH GOD IT'S THROWING FIRE AT ME! Well, I could cut off it's leaves, but I don't like getting close. Dammit, the dungeon's been throwing Bombs in my face all of three days, that's what I'm using to kill it! A bomb as close as I dare to it's small body and it cuts off 3 of it's stems, I try again but FUCK I BURN AND DIE.

Next attempt, however I only have 1 Bomb left. Some Slimes give me full health again and I arrive again at the 3 Knights (who reduce me to 2 Hearts), the electricity and finally the Boss (whom I now know is named Manhandla, lol). My last bomb is placed as close as I dare and... and... AND...

Only 2 petals were killed! OH THE PAIN! With only 1 heart left, I charge, dodging not one, NOT TWO, but FIVE FIREBALLS to attack a SINGLE PETAL ONCE before dying again. So I leave this wretched hell-hole to buy the Arrow and stock up on Bombs. I save and restart in the Overworld. TO THE EAST!

With over 150 Rupies, I can buy the Arrow and 2 sets of Bombs (exiting/entering each purchase). With full health (thanks to some hearts from Octoroks), I decide to get to Manji Dungeon from where I am, instead of wasting my full health on saving and restarting. By retracing my route back, I effectively have no interruptions (as they were already SLAIN), and get back to the start quite easily. Getting back to Maji had a few near misses but I made it with still-full health.

Inside, my Sword Beam makes quick work of the Knights and the Slimes in the room before Manhandla, and the showdown begins. Manhandla rolls around, spewing fireballs. I run, avoiding as many as I can, to shove a bomb somewhere dark. Almost directly on it's center, my first one lands, destroying 3 petals instantly. Manhandla rolls faster, shooting more. I get hit several times, only 2 hearts remain, my bomb placement becoming more sloppy. Abandoning that tactic, I swipe my White Sword, hitting it's petal once, twice... DEATH!

Manhandla dies, vanishing from existence, giving me another Heart and entrance to the next Triforce Shard! Nabbing my new heart, I run into the room, picking up my shard and, finally, watch Manji Dungeon collapse around my character's triumphant bragging sprite (also, I've noticed I now have 2 spare keys!)

Where to next? Dungeon 3 has been defeated, and I have a nice new Raft to take me across the water. According to my map, there's a dungeon across Lake Hylia not far from the Starting Screen. There are also, however, a few caves and some screens with no caves but bushes. I'm going secret-hunting next time, and then finding out if Dungeon 4 is the one on the lake. BYE!


Progress:
Health:   3/6
Rupies:   61
Bombs:    5
Keys:     2
Items:    WHITE SWORDMAGIC SHIELDMAGIC BOOMERANGBOW, ARROW, BLUE CANDLE, BOMBS(6), RAFT
Dungeons: EAGLE(1), MOON(2), MANJI(3)
Deaths:   20

No comments:

Post a Comment